7 Quick Tips for a Happy, Healthy Cat
- Make sure to store your cat’s food in a cool, dry place. Monitor his food bowl making sure his food is fresh and hasn’t been left out for prolonged periods of time.
- Give him a nice resting place where he will stay cool and feel safe. An old cut out cardboard box lined with a blanket is a great idea.
- Make sure his water is always fresh. Consider buying a kitty water fountain as many cats prefer to drink from running water.
- If your cat goes outdoors a lot and it is sunny, be sure to put sun block on his nose and ears.
- Never leave your cat alone in your car. Cats can easily suffer from heat stroke, so be sure to keep your car cool when your cat is riding along.
- Be sure to take your furry friend for regular vet visits. Once a year is required, but if you notice any abnormalities in between, take him for an additional visit to rule out health problems.
- Always make sure your window screens are in place and locked. This is extremely important so your cat does not escape.