Tips For Taking Your Dog to the Beach For the First Time
Taking our four-legged friends is a common activity for those of us living near a beach. Here are some tips to consider before, during and after the ride.
- Bear in mind that many dogs suffer from anxiety when riding a vehicle. Before making a trip, visit your vet and ask for the type of medication you could give your pooch to have a smooth ride. It should be noted that if a dog has never traveled by vehicle he could vomit.
- As a precaution, apply snit-flea product on your dog to make sure your trip to the park or beach does not result in a flea infestation.
- Do not forget to have your dog wear his ID collar with your contact details.
- Prepare a list of all the things you should pack for your pet.
- Food Dish
- Medicine (first aid and for travel)
- Proof of up-to-date vaccinations
Prepare the place where your pet will travel. It is recommended that he travel in a crate.
If your pet is already used to traveling, you can place him in the backseat of your vehicle (use a doggie seat belt).